PhD in Environmental Science, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China, 09/2012-Present.
BS in Marine Biological Resources and Environment, Ocean University of China, Qindao, Shandong province, China, 09/2008-06/2012.
Songlin’s research interests are in the effects of climate change on seagrass ‘blue carbon’. He is currently working on her PhD thesis focused on understanding the dynamics of seagrass sediment organic carbon sources, composition, transformation and storage in responses to nutrient load. Nutrient enrichment could enhance seagrass and algal contributions to sediment organic carbon and microbial use efficiency. However, the influences of nutrient load on seagrass sediment organic carbon storage are still not clear. Songlin is also involved in seagrass meadows seawater dissolved organic matter dynamics research. Significantly variation of seawater dissolved organic matter sources and composition have been found in seagrass meadows, while the variation mechanisms are still unknown.
- Songlin Liu, Zhijian Jiang, Jingping Zhang, Yunchao Wu, Zhonglian Lian, Xiaoping Huang. Effect of nutrient enrichment on the source and composition of sediment organic carbon in tropical seagrass beds in the South China Sea. Marine Pollution Bulletin, 2016,110: 274-280.
- Songlin Liu, Zhijian Jiang, Yunchao Wu, Jingping Zhang, Iman Arbi, Feng Ye, Xiaoping Huang, Peter Ian Macreadied. Effects of nutrient load on microbial activities within a seagrass-dominated ecosystem: implications of changes in seagrass blue carbon. Marine Pollution Bulletin (Minor Revision)
- The Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China, National Scholarship for PhD candidate student, 2016.
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, honorary title of outstanding students, 2016.
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, honorary title of outstanding students, 2015.
- The Ministry of Education of the People's Republic of China, National Scholarship for graduate student, 2014.
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, honorary title of outstanding student leaders, 2013.
- University of Chinese Academy of Sciences, honorary title of outstanding students, 2013.
- Chinese Academy of Sciences, college scholarship, 2012.