B.Env.Sc. (Marine & Freshwater Science) Deakin University 2005-2007
B.Env.Sc. (Honours) Deakin University 2009
Tim’s research interests are in aquatic ecology with an emphasis on fish community dynamics and the habitats in which they utilise. Tim has worked as a research assistant with government fisheries and private organisations on various aquatic ecology projects. He has been involved in a diverse range of projects from fishery recruitment surveys, evaluating fish communities in relation to habitat types within Western Port Bay, to assessing planktonic fish larvae off the Bass Coast for the Wonthaggi Desalination Plant. Tim has recently joined the Blue Carbon Lab and will be assisting a number of research projects conducted through the group.
- Wonthaggi Desalination Plant Ichthyoplankton surveys
- Port of Melbourne Channel Dredging Project
- Melbourne Water Fish habitat relationships in Western Port Bay
- Juvenile Snapper Survey in Port Phillip Bay
- Seagrass Monitoring Project
- King George Whiting Recruitment Survey
Jenkins, G.P., Kenner, T., Brown, A., and Coleman, R. (2015). Fish assemblages in locations with alternative structured habitats in an eelgrass, Zostera, dominated bay: biodiversity value and potential for refuge. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science. Vol.161, pp.25-37.